Saturday, October 9, 2010

App-ocalyse Now

With the looming arrival of Google TV, which seems to be a hit already, I thought I'd point out that apps are taking over the world.

Yes, those little icons that lead to programs that can fulfill your every need (at least, that's what Apple likes to think) are slowly taking over ever single electronic device known to man.

On our computers: apps. On our cellphones: apps. Now on our TV??? How long before the car gets apps? (If you don't consider OnStar an app already)



Why is this bad?

I'm not saying it's bad, but it does make me a bit uncomfortable. Maybe I shouldn't have access to Netflix everywhere I go. Sort of feels like life is becoming trendy; like every trend has to encompass our entire lives to be useful.

I dunno. Just a thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment