Tuesday, November 9, 2010

[Short Post] Geek Celebrities

I was in a bathroom with my glasses on wearing a black turtleneck and I noticed I looked like Steve Jobs. I turned to a classmate and said: "I look like Steve Jobs." She replied: "Who is Steve Jobs?" She may as well have said: "Koiusdoklkjfiesdn."

Interesting though, there are very few geek celebrities. Probably because geeks don't party hard on a Tuesday night sans undergarments. (Rather, we're staring at some text-editor attempting to innovate.)

What we need in this ever-growing technological world is a hot, genius celebrity. Preferably a girl (writer's bias), this geek would be proud of all her gadgets and tech-knowledge. I salute Morgan Webb and G4, but we need a... A Paris Hilton, Britney Spears, or Miley Cyrus of technology (or science!).

Let's give the kids another cool profession to strive for that will require creativity, problem-solving, and unhealthy eating & sleeping habits in order to succeed!

No comments:

Post a Comment