Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Code Attack!: My 'Tunk' Capstone Idea

So, I'm taking EECS 282 this semester (Electrical Engineering and Computer Science 282, that is) where we're learning Java. After being taught the popular (i guess) card game, Tunk.

Rules of Tunk (as my genius boyfriend told me):
  • Each player starts with 5 cards: Face cards = 10; Aces = 1; and the other cards have their printed value
  • If a player begins with a value of 49 or 50, they win automatically!
  • If a player chooses they can "drop", compare their total value with their opponents' and the lowest value wins
  • A player can also win by losing all their cards
  • Players can lose cards by forming (what I am going to call) "sets":
    • A sequence of consecutive of the same suit. Ex. 3Hearts, 4Hearts, 5Hearts
    • A sequence of the same value of different suits. Ex. 5Diamonds, 5Hearts, 5Spades
  • Players can also add to existing sets

So thus was born my Capstone Project Idea. It will be a one-player game where the user will play the computer, and the number of wins and losses will be counted.

Spring Break is coming up soon, and while my contemporaries will be in tanning in Cancun, I'll be here on campus being a geek! (I have big plans for those Head First books) Hopefully, I can get this application working somewhat...

No comments:

Post a Comment