Monday, August 5, 2013

The House of Life That Will Probably Kill You

Back in December, I bought a book about Feng Shui as a Christmas gift to myself. Ever since, I've gained a greater practical understanding of how exterior/interior design effects mood and well-being. I have also been hyper-aware of bad Feng Shui...

Pretty, but you'll never have a good night's sleep in this bed.

This morning, I turned on my television and caught a little bit of Extreme Homes on HGTV. One of the interesting homes they showed was: Bioscleave.


The idea is that this house will keep you active physically and mentally. This constant activity is meant to enhance your metabolism, nervous system, and overall life. Bioscleave is designed to help its inhabitants live longer. 

But I'm not quite convinced.

Just looking at this house takes minutes off my life! Perhaps I'm too lazy to navigate the mountain-climbing floors and plug my devices in sideways, but I couldn't imagine coming home to this insane house! I feel that, in order for this home to work as it should, you'd have to reduce stress in all areas of your life. Imagine coming home from an exhausting day of work to that house.

"I just want to go to bed!!!"

Children are not allowed in the Bioscleave House, and adults must sign a waiver before entering the house. Why? Because you could lose your footing walking through the house and injury your self. This house is the antonym of Feng Shui.

There are also no doors in this house. (Not even the bathroom.) Privacy is almost non-existent. At any given time, your roommate in Bioscleave House could come over a hill in the floor and catch you on the can!

Look at all of the colors and the shape of this place! It's meant to be a visual stimulant that triggers brain activity, thus helping your think better? But it looks like someone played LEGOs with a bunch of other houses. It's loud and busy, and I know I would hate it.

What kind of car do you park here?

Bioscleave is an impressive feat of architecture, for sure. An important point of Feng Shui That Makes Sense is that Feng Shui is subjective; the practice has guidelines but if something works for you, then go with that. However, I doubt this house will be any kind of health benefit. I'm pretty sure this house is more likely to cause anxiety and other health problems to the people who live there.

Also: The website for the design company is just as impractical and busy as the house!

Would You Be Able to Live In Bioscleave House?
Share your thoughts on Facebook.




No comments:

Post a Comment