Tuesday, September 21, 2010

RIP New(ish) Phone; Burn In Hell

Why am I blogging at 12:40 am when I will be busy from 10am to 10pm tomorrow? Because the Samsung Impression is a non-innovative piece of crap phone. As an Informatics student, I can say without conviction, that the designers of this cellular device were either drunk or stupid during the production of this phone.

Sometime tonight, my touch screen-- the core element to all the phone's functionality from calls to internet-- decided it was gonna stop working. No, this isn't the first time. It has done this before, but tonight it doesn't think it's going to start working again.

Talk about an over-reliance on technology! Who designs a phone where nearly every function, except the bull-crap camera, needs the touch screen, a technology that can malfunction for a long list of reasons, to function?!

No one in the team thought, "Hey, if the touch screen malfunctions, the consumer is screwed."? When I was small the mouse on the family desktop stopped working properly. I had to learn how to maneuver the keyboard; we didn't need a new computer.

I'd go replace this phone with another impression, but unless it's a Droid or iPhone I'm done with touch screens. I googled my problem to possibly find a solution. All I found was confirmation that plenty of people who have this fairly rare iPhone-wannabe, HAVE HAD THE SAME PROBLEM. It seems to be inevitable.

Honestly, if my mother hadn't just bought this phone for me, I'd throw this thing into a brick wall & buy a new one. However, I'm just going to do the latter of those things.

No comments:

Post a Comment