Thursday, September 16, 2010

That Girl Is Poison!

I had a really random thought - as I often do - while I was getting dressed for a "date" yesterday. I put on a black-and-white stripped shirt and black jeans replacing the gray shirt I had on before because I thought it was too dark, but this is not a fashion blog so I'll move on...

In an Animal Behavior course, I learned that a contrast of light and dark colors is commonly seen in poisonous (or chemically-defensive) animals. It serves as a warning to all predators that this animal is not one you want to mess with.

You see that white stripe? You've got about 5 seconds.


This got me wondering...

Of course, I'm not really poisonous. But I have a punky, rock star attitude that could warrant the poison label. Girly girls like pink and purple, gothic people wear black, depressed people favor dark colors.



My rebel personality is better expressed using the combination: bold colors + black. I also love the contrast: edgy + feminine.


I have a big personality that doesn't fit into a square peg. Of course there are a number of other things I like that don't quite fit into these two rules, but this is certainly my starting point!



"That girl is poison!"

"Style is a way of saying who you are without having to speak." -- Rachel Zoe

No comments:

Post a Comment