Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Choosing Your Break Up Anthem

I've had this idea floating in my head for a while now - I even wrote a paper about it - but I thought I'd share it... along with a little personal drama.

You see, my boyfriend [of the last 5.5 years] and I broke up yesterday. However, don't worry about me, friends, I will be all right. I'm a pretty tough girl.

I seriously thought this would depress me, but it actually made me laugh!

Even though I consider myself a bit of an expert when it comes to relationships, I am still a geek. One of the first things I did when my pre-engagement disintegrated completely was look up how to handle a break up. The first credible source I found was this MSN/Cosmo article

"Obsess over the break up...for 15 minutes."

This part struck a cord with me! I had been so prideful thinking: "Man, f*ck this break-up sadness sh*t. I don't give a f*ck!" However, though it is remarkable to stand strong through an ordeal like this, it is necessary to release that stress lest it eat you up inside.

So, I decided to come home and think about the epic fail of a relationship for a couple hours. I typically de-stress by listening to music that relates to the situation...


But there really isn't an app or website for songs relating to a specific situation, is there? Someone should totally do that! I should be able to click on "Break Up - Empowered" and hear Katherine McPhee's So Over It and other songs that make me feel empowered about a break up!

Just a thought... App Wizards, feel free to get rich off of it. I just could use it right now.

In the meantime, here are a few songs that have helped me recently:
  • So Over It - Katherine McPhee
  • Survivor - Destiny's Child
  • So What - P!nk
  • Return of the Mack - Mark Morrison
  • Exhale - Whitney Houston
  • Cry - Rihanna
  • Somebody That I Used To Know - Gotye
  • Real Love - Mary J. Blige
  • Not Gon' Cry - Mary J. Blige
  • Smile - Lily Allen
  • Label or Love - Fergie
  • It's My Life - No Doubt (my anthem lately)

"If your phone doesn't ring, it's me."


Share a moment when a song fit a situation perfectly on Facebook!

No comments:

Post a Comment