Sunday, May 18, 2014

Renegade Angel Brain Mush

I'm an Adult Swim fan. I have been since the good ole days where the promos were adults swimming in a public pool, and Adult Swim started around 10pm with: "All kids out of the pool!"

Those were the days!

Anyway...

Being a fan of late-night Cartoon Network, I've seen some strange stuff: Super Jail, Frisky Dingo, The Mighty Boosh, etc. But this recent show I've discovered takes the cake!

AdultSwim runs marathons on its website. Sometimes, these are their popular shows, like The Venture Brothers or AquaTeen Hunger Force. Other times, it's their lesser known original series like: Xavier: Renegade Angel.



This show caught my eye because it had the graphics of one of those Taiwanese news animations! The main character, Xavier the renegade angel, is a strange combination of an Egyptian hieroglyphic and a pseudo-enlightened, beach boy hipster. He's on a quest to find his train-wreck mother (I think...), and gets into these bizarre situations.

I was able to watch an episode and a half before I had to watch something else. This show made me feel like I was on some kind of hallucinogen.


That being said, if you're looking for a safe(?) way to kill some brain cells and waste a little time, two seasons worth of episodes are free to stream on adultswim.com! You never know; it might be somewhat enlightening...




No comments:

Post a Comment