Friday, May 23, 2014

My Cosplay Bucket List

Back in April, Girl Gone Geek put together a bucket list of characters, she'd like to cosplay in the future. (Check it out!)

I was inspired to do the same thing! Below are a few characters I'd like to cosplay!

Poison Ivy & Harley Quinn (The New Batman Adventures)


I love this dynamic duo! Not only are they beautiful, they are the epitome of supervillainesses. They're resourceful, intelligent, independent, charming, and fun! Personally, they remind me of myself and my partner-in-crime, Sandy. She's not particularly geeky, but I'm sure I could put her in a Harley Quinn costume and drag her to Dragon-Con.


Revy (Black Lagoon)


Is it obvious now that I have a thing for bad girls? Revy is as bad as they come! With a loud, foul mouth, short shorts, and a gun in her hand, Revy is my number one reason for watching Black Lagoon

This is a pretty simple cosplay outfit, too. Most of it I could buy at the mall.

A Bleach Captain


None of these specifically. I would like to cosplay as the captain of my own squad - maybe an imagined Squad 14 or the successor to one of the above captains. Of course, I'll need a cool zanpakutō!

Launch (Dragonball)



Another great best friend cosplay that could work alone as well. Since I prefer the "bad girl" look, I would probably be blonde Launch and carry a gun. For those unfamiliar with this #throwback character...



The most dangerous sneeze in the world.

Rule 63 Tomoe (Kamisama Hajimemashita)


I read some fanfiction about Tomoe having a little sister that looked just like him. This intrigued me. I imagined her looking a lot like this:


Regardless of whether the Kamisama Hajimemashita reference sticks, fox spirits are throughout anime and their usually really cool characters.

In a Facebook group, a question arose about the accuracy of cosplay. Is the goal to be most like the actual character or is it okay to put your own spin on it? What qualities do you look for in a character when choosing who to cosplay as? Is it only about the costume or does personality fit into it?

Hmm... something to think about... 

Until next time, 'Like' Very Geeky Girl on Facebook!


No comments:

Post a Comment